Thursday, 2 April 2015

childhood ambition..

Wow! Childhood ambition! Well I guess that particular time I had a lot of ambitions but I could not recall which is the most favorite to me. Well, I guess it was a child right? so it would not a big deal for adults to know our ambition. 

Let me try recall first..Hmm I think I want to be a teacher. I used to be in 'pasti' or kindergarten but this one is more to religious one; that is why the name was "Pasti As-Sabiqun". So far, our 'ustazah' or teachers always reminded us on how to be a good student so this is the starting point my ambition is want to be a TEACHER. I just want to educate people as my teachers one day. They taught us many things for two years and even we had choir or 'nasyid' competition and we represented our state; Terengganu to national level. The competition held on Pulau Pinang. The teachers were struggled to bend us to be good and smart students. 

During my kindergarten, I started to be a teacher. I will call upon around five cousins approximately my age as my victims to act as my students and we were having lesson in a 'mini class'. Actually, the class was just a few chairs made by pots or bricks and the blackboard was sands or lands. So everyone will circle around to see the 'blackboard' and every eyes were focusing to the soils. I taught a few things and giving them home works too.  Hence, they just raised up their hands to ask questions randomly to me.  Basically, the lesson was just on based what my teacher had taught me in class. So I shared the input to my students a.k.a my cousins. They never scolded me or refused to act like that and later, in different time; next cousin will took turn to be a teacher. If I not mistaken, the lesson was just nonsense and I had no idea what I was doing that time.

In addition, when I am having exams in my real class; I will distribute exams too into my mini class. The questions were superb ridiculous that came out from my mind such as "when did you bathed?" or "who is your crush" or "are you going to marry me" and so on. Totally, the class did not boring at all and full of laugh. We were kids so we would not know the exact meaning of the lesson. Sometimes, my grandmother joined our class too and she acted like "Guru Besar" or headmistress. She will come over to our class and checked our cleanliness such as clothes, nails, hairs, and faces including the teacher too; me. If she saw untidy and messy; she will 'rotan' us with a wood stick or in English, we called as beat.

She will nag till end of the class. I also was one of the victims and automatically acted as a student. One of my cousins will rang a bell used his mouth to make her stop nagged. Everyone will said thank you to our headmistress and started to run away and left everything behind. This mini class held every Wednesday but we always take turn to teach the students.

During our primary schools, my cousins and I were seldom seeing each other anymore. My family moved out from my grandmother's house (my father's side) when I was in Standard Two. Primary schools already a boring era for me because of no one take care of me so my parents sent me up to my grandmother's (my mother's side) after school. While i was there, there was no one who same batch or age with me; so I rarely to play teacher-teacher again and I was just completing my home works, playing by myself, helping my grandma's and waited my parents to fetch me up in the evening. 

Those days were still remained in my mind until now. From this childhood ambition, I keeping my words to be a teacher one day, Thankfully, I finished my study, had my interns and I was offered to be a lecturer. That was not my exact goal but I am totally happy that it was similar job as a teacher. I still can educate people in my life. Lecturers and teachers is just same condition; educating people in daily life to generate successful people!

7 comments:

  1. hope ur dream comes true..gal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwh your grandmother is so cuuute :D

    knowingnadhirah.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kan..totally she knows everything about her cucu-cicits..

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are on the way to achieving your ambition! It can be a truly rewarding profession especially if you are really passionate about it and teach with your heart (ikhlas). Dr. Husniah

    ReplyDelete